Dane Fire Dept.
The Lake Melvin Fishing Extravaganza
What is the Lake Melvin Fishing Extravaganza (LMFE)?
When is the Fishing Extravaganza?
- The LMFE is a fishing event for kids 15 and under put on by the Dane Fire Department. It originated in 2007 as a way for the fire department to support the community by creating a fun event for kids and families.
Where will it be held?
- Saturday May 19, 2018 from 9 AM to Noon
Who can participate?
- At Lake Melvin in the Village of Dane, Wisconsin
Are their any rules for the event?
How do I register myself or child?
How can I get a Lake Melvin Fishing Extravaganza T-Shirt?
- Open to all kids ages 15 and under (no fishing license required)
What do I need to bring?
- All participants registered online before 10:00 AM May 6, 2018 will receive one free T-shirt.
- If you are a non-participant or would like a second T-shirt, they can be purchased for $10 provided you place your order before 10:00 AM on May 6, 2018. To place your order simply send an email to email@example.com along with your name, phone number and shirt size. You can pickup and pay for your shirt on the day of the event.
Will there be prizes?
- Every participant must turn in a Liability Release Form (PDF format, MS Word .doc format) signed by their parent or guardian to participate.
- If you pre-register online, please bring a copy of your registration confirmation.
- A limited number of fishing poles may be available to use on a first come first serve basis. All poles must be returned at the end of the event. If you have your own pole we recommend you bring it.
- We encourage the use of barbless hooks.
- Bait will be provided but you are also welcome to bring your own.
- We will have trophies for the following categories
Every participant that catches a fish will receive one fish medallion for the day
Additional prizes may be available depending on the availability of event sponsors
Will there be someone to assist me or my child if none of us are familiar with fishing?
- Longest fish caught by length
- 2nd Longest fish caught by length
- 3rd Longest fish caught by length
Will there be other activites?
- A Bass Club (a competitive fishing club) may be on hand to assist kids with fishing and provide technical expertise
- The Dane Fire Department will be on hand as the event organizers and will assist as much as possible
- Please note the Dane Fire Department and the volunteers of this event cannot be responsible for child supervision. Parents please assist and supervise your children.
Will there be be something to eat?
- Fire trucks will be on display
- The fire hose dog house may be available for kids to shoot water with a fire hose
- A ambulance from Waunakee Area EMS may be on display depending on availability
Will the event organizers supervise my children?
- Hot dogs and drinks will be served from 11 AM to 1 PM or while supplies last
- Registered participants will be given a ticket good for one hot dog and one drink
- Adults and non participants can purchase food and drinks for a nominal fee
If myself or my company would like to sponsor this event, what should I do?
- No, the Dane Fire Department and the volunteers of this event cannot be responsible for child supervision. Parents please assist and supervise your children.
- You can contact the Fishing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also contact any member of the Dane Fire Department
- We will gladly welcome cash donations and/or fishing related prizes.