© 2019 Dane Fire Department - All Rights Reserved

History

Throughout the  Dane Fire Department's history they were very active in water wars. This photo was taken at Bert Deans Park in the 1950s during the departments annual fundraiser held each June.

The Dane Fire Department was first authorized on Oct. 7, 1901 at a Dane Village Board of Trustees meeting. A motion was made by Joseph (Last Name Unknown) and seconded by J.A. Koltis to appoint J.C. Neill as Fire Chief and (First Name Unknown) Dickert as Engineer to organize a Fire Company.


We are in the process of reviewing DNFD records for more accurate information. 

If you have any historical information pertaining to the Dane Fire Department, please email it to, webmaster@danefire.com 

Past Fire Chiefs include:

  • J.C. Neill 1901-?

  • Harlod Dohm - 1941-1942

  • J. Miller - 1943

  • Harold Dohm - 1944

  • E. Schmidtke - 1945

  • Harold Dohm - 1946-1949

  • C. Schwartz - 1950

  • Percy Raemisch - 1951 (resigned in June)

  • Clarence A. Wipperfurth 1951-1961

  • Delmore Marks - 1962

  • David Koenig Sr. -1963-1965

  • Harley Marks - 1966 (resigned in May)

  • David Koenig Sr. - 1967-1971

  • Leo Heimbecker - 1972-1973

  • David Koenig Sr. - 1974-1980

  • Ronald Statz 1981-1984

  • Doug Clemens Sr. 1984-2000

  • Doug Statz 2000-2016

  • Denman Breunig 2017-Present

Photo circa 1953

Photo circa 1959

Photo circa 1975. The original Dane Fire Department Building was located where the current Veterans Memorial is on the corner of Main and N Military. 

Photo circa early 1990s

‚Äč

Front Row: Tom Pollock, Pete Kurt, Dave Koenig Jr, Chief Doug Clemens Sr, Bob Aeschbach and      Roger Schmidt

Standing: Pete Schmitt, Gary Schwartz, Jeff Chambers, Ron Schwenn, Jim Lord, Duane Statz, Tim Ripp, Leon Wipperfurth, Wayne Aeschbach, Gary Orcholski, Denman Breunig, Virgil Maier,     Rich Bannen and Doug Statz.